Imap Authentication Failure

rahul rahul at websamhita.com
Mon Jul 28 19:08:34 EDT 2003

Hello Everybody ,
               I am using sasldb for authentcation of user from Outlook Express. & I am  using PAM for authentication From Web (PHP)  .
            Problem is that , before configuaration of sasldb , all was working fine . But when i configured Sasldb then it is not authenticating through PAM for Web. It is going to check it from sasldb database . & It does not get related entry , So it is unable to login  from Web (Using Php).
            But When I delete   sasldb [/etc/sasldb] then it going to check it from PAM .

I have configured Cyrus-imapd with Following options

./configure --with-sasldir=/usr/local/sasl   --with-auth=unix  --without-krb  --with-perl  --with-pwcheck=pam

I have configured Cyrus-sasl with Following Options
./configure --with-sasldir=/usr/local/sasl  --with-auth=unix  --without-krb  --with-perl  --enable-login

[/etc/imapd.conf]
allowanonymouslogin: no
allowplaintext: yes
sasl_mech_list: PLAIN
configdirectory: /var/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
admins: sr_imapadmin
sasl_pwcheck_method: PAM
sievedir: /usr/sieve
servername: mail.mydream.com

[/usr/lib/sasl/smtp.conf]
pwcheck_method: sasldb
mech_list: PLAIN

[/var/log/imapd.log]
Jul 26 21:03:51 localhost imapd[24895]: badlogin: localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1] CRAM-MD5 user not found
Jul 26 21:03:51 localhost imapd[24895]: badlogin: localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1] CRAM-MD5 no secret in database

So How to go upto the Solution .??

Any Help will be appreciated ...

Regards
Rahul ..