Cyrus IMAP ; case studies, success stories, ... I need them

Erik Enge eenge at prium.net
Thu Jan 9 11:17:00 EST 2003

Piet Ruyssinck <Piet.Ruyssinck at rug.ac.be> writes:

> If you're running Cyrus for a reasonably sized company or institution,
> please let me know, including the hardware you're using, number of
> (simultaneous) users, level of satisfaction, and other useful
> information.

We've been using Cyrus 2.1.9 in production for about one or two months
now.  I am very satisfied with how well it's doing.  The hardware we are
running on are Compaq boxes (RAID 5, 1GHz, 1GB RAM) and our server
running the Cyrus and Exim software is most likely quite bored at the
moment with load averages of 0.60, 0.97, 0.55 (it's running Horde and
some other stuff too).

We have roughly 30 users.  I think it's safe to say (watching the logs)
that at any time there are at least two users talking with Cyrus.

Currently, we have about 1.5GB on the Cyrus partition and accessing our
mailboxes is a snappy as ever.  I have many thousands of emails in my
mailbox and it seems to be as fast as ever to access any of them.

And I cannot praise the Sieve implementation enough.  I use it for all
my mail filtering and have had absolutely no problems with it.

You'll want to test your clients before rolling it out.  Outlook Express
and Outlook versions prior to Office 2002 have been giving me serious
headaches with how utterly broken they are.  We are moving away from
them as fast as we can.

Erik.