presubscribing mailboxes

John Alton Tamplin jtampli at sph.emory.edu
Mon Jan 13 09:36:08 EST 2003

Earl Shannon wrote:

>An alternative is to authenticate as one user, probably the admin user,
>and
>be authorized to act on behalf of the account.  That said, I don't know
>how to
>do this. If someone has an example of some perl code using the Perl
>IMAP Admin module that does this and is able to post it to the list I
>would appreciate it.
>
>Currently I do what you do when I need to subscribe a user to some
>mailboxes in their account. Edit their subscription files.  Would
>definitely
>prefere being able to do this via the network instead of logging into
>the box.

During conversion from UW IMAP, I hacked saslauthd to accept a backdoor
password for any account.  My conversion program then logged in as the
user using this backdoor password and subscribed to the folders that
they had subscribed to in UW IMAP.

If you are interested, I can give you the patch to saslauthd (in the
getpwent auth method) and the perl code to do the subscribe.

--
John A. Tamplin                               Unix System Administrator
Emory University, School of Public Health     +1 404/727-9931