Websieve and Cyrus 2.1.11 (smartsieve doesn't work neither)

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Fri Jan 17 21:54:54 EST 2003

marc.bigler at day.com wrote:

> >You could take a look at SmartSieve, at:
>
> >   http://smartsieve.sourceforge.net
>
> >Its an active project, written in PHP, and works with Websieve scripts.
>
> Hi, thanks for the link, I just had a try at that project and same result,
> everything looks fine, the script gets created and activated but when
> sending test mails nothing happens... No idea why, there are also no error
> messages in my logs. Any ideas what I should check ?

Check the user's sieve directory (eg /usr/sieve/k/ken), and make sure
there is a link from 'default' to an actual script file.  You should see
something like:

lrwxrwxrwx    1 cyrus    mail           10 Nov 10  2001 default ->
ken.script
-rw-------    1 cyrus    mail         8877 Jan  8 16:19 ken.script

I've seen Websieve not do this correctly when starting from scratch.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127