Latest on Cyrus and GFS?

jure pecar pegasus at nerv.eu.org
Fri Jan 17 19:34:05 EST 2003

On Friday 17 January 2003 21:01, Jared Watkins wrote:
> I've not been able to find the answer to the GFS question in the archives..
> so here goes.
>
> If one were using a dual attach scsi cabinet.. or fibre channel..  would it
> possible to use cyrus on GFS from two or more servers all with r/w access?

well, as cyrus is primarily i/o hungry (as any other mail app) there's no real
benefit of having multiple machines doing i/o on the same storage ... the
most such setup can give you is more weird problems.

i'm doing one of these 'shared' storage setups these days too. the solution i
chose is kimberlite, well, RH advanced server actually, where i have only one
box using the storage at a time. the other box can still be usefull, for
example chewing mails with spamassassin. in case there is some problem with
either of the boxen, the healty one can take over the service.

--

Jure Pecar