Problem with cyrus and deleting a message with a virus.

Rob Siemborski rjs3 at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Jan 21 16:42:27 EST 2003

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Ted Cabeen wrote:

> >(Note that you can also rebuild the mailbox with the reconstruct command,
> >but I don't recommend this as a general solution).
>
> Right.  Other than losing the flags data, are there any other downsides to
> this solution?  (We were thinking of using this to delete old messages from
> users spam folders)

It has the possibility of changing the uidvalidity of the mailbox, which
can force disconnected clients to have to resync totally.

Note that this *shouldn't* be the case if you've just deleted a message
from the mailbox, but its something to consider.

Really, you want to delete these messages with a UID EXPUNGE command.
(Though, now you'll be messing with the \Recent flag for the user...).

-Rob