Problem with cyrus and deleting a message with a virus.

Connie Starr Fensky cfensky at mtsu.edu
Tue Jan 21 16:40:47 EST 2003

We run Interscan VirusWall--it only deleted the infected attachment, and
leaves the message intact (with a note inside telling the user that the
attachment was deleted). This makes for some confusion (the user still wants
the attachment, thinking it is real mail, and not just a virus. That seems
to be a hard concept), but leaves cyrus unaffected. Are there any viruses
that infect the whole message? I cannot think of any, maybe you can modify
the uvscan program to just delete the attachment, instead of the whole
message?
c*