procmail revisited

Christian Schulte cs at schulte.it
Wed Feb 12 01:00:06 EST 2003

>Also, are you able to use user specific spamassassin settings?  This
>is the one goal that set me on this quest in the first place.  Of
>course simplifying my sendmail config is looking more attractive too.
>I noticed you set DROPPRIVS=1.  I did the same in my /etc/procmailrc,
>and procmail logs a message saying it is assuming the identity of the
>recipient, but SA still uses the global configs and whitelists - which
>I really want to eliminate in favor of a ~/.spamassassin/ config for
>each user.

Hi,

maybe you take a look at the spam-assassin patches for cyrus-imapds'
sieve interpreter in the conrtib directory of the cyrus distribution. I
do spamassassins spamd check in a users sieve script deciding there what
to do with the mail if it gets identified as spam:

if spam { fileinto, reject, discard, reply, forward etc... }

Works great for me!

--Christian--