IMAP configure - krb_mk_priv

Lori Kilen ljkile at ans.net
Tue Feb 11 12:23:52 EST 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to compile the IMAP server with SASL - GSSAPI authentication.  I
have SASL compiled.  Now, when I try to configure the IMAP server I'm getting
the following error:

checking for krb.h... yes
checking for krb_mk_priv in -lkrb... no
configure: warning: No Kerberos V4 found
configure: error: Kerberos not found for authorization module

This is what the config.log looks like -

configure:3861: checking for krb.h
configure:3871: gcc -E -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/include
-I/usr/local/include -I/var/home/username/MY_KERBEROS/include/kerberosIV
conftest.c >/dev/null 2>conftest.out
configure:3888: checking for krb_mk_priv in -lkrb
configure:3907: gcc -o conftest -Wall -g -O2
-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/include  -I/usr/local/include
-I/var/home/username/MY_KERBEROS/include/kerberosIV
-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/lib -R/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/lib
-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/lib -L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib
-L/var/home/username/MY_KERBEROS/lib conftest.c -lkrb -lkrb4 -ldes -lresolv -lfl
-ldb-4.1  1>&5
krb_mk_priv                         /var/tmp/ccxfaWan1.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
configure: failed program was:
#line 3896 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
    builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
char krb_mk_priv();

int main() {
krb_mk_priv()
; return 0; }