IMAP configure - krb_mk_priv

Lori Kilen ljkile at ans.net
Thu Feb 13 11:38:02 EST 2003

I wish I had the option to pass on this right now, but since I don't I'll take
any help I can get.    Thanks.

gcc  - 2.7.2.3
os   - Solaris 2.6
SASL - 2.1.10
IMAP - 2.2.11

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Peter Lawler wrote:

> Hi Lori,
> Can you tell us what kind of Unix system you are using, and which
> version it is.
>
> Also, the version numbers of your gcc and your SASL & IMAP
> implementations would be handy.
>
>  From personal experience, kerberos on Solaris looked like such a
> nightmare I passed on it, as well as GSSAPI - for the moment. I'm
> planning to take another look when I get my personal media kit for
> Solaris 9 x86 :-)
>
> Pete.
>

> Lori Kilen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to compile the IMAP server with SASL - GSSAPI authentication.  I
> > have SASL compiled.  Now, when I try to configure the IMAP server I'm getting
> > the following error:
> >
> > checking for krb.h... yes
> > checking for krb_mk_priv in -lkrb... no
> > configure: warning: No Kerberos V4 found
> > configure: error: Kerberos not found for authorization module
> >

> > This is what the config.log looks like -
> >
> > configure:3861: checking for krb.h
> > configure:3871: gcc -E -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/include
> > -I/usr/local/include -I/var/home/username/MY_KERBEROS/include/kerberosIV
> > conftest.c >/dev/null 2>conftest.out
> > configure:3888: checking for krb_mk_priv in -lkrb
> > configure:3907: gcc -o conftest -Wall -g -O2
> > -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/include  -I/usr/local/include
> > -I/var/home/username/MY_KERBEROS/include/kerberosIV
> > -L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/lib -R/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/lib
> > -L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/lib -L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib
> > -L/var/home/username/MY_KERBEROS/lib conftest.c -lkrb -lkrb4 -ldes -lresolv -lfl
> > -ldb-4.1  1>&5
> > Undefined                       first referenced
> >  symbol                             in file
> > krb_mk_priv                         /var/tmp/ccxfaWan1.o
> > ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
> > configure: failed program was:
> > #line 3896 "configure"
> > #include "confdefs.h"
> > /* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
> > /* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
> >     builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
> > char krb_mk_priv();
> >
> > int main() {
> > krb_mk_priv()
> > ; return 0; }
> >

> > krb_mk_priv is in libkrb4.
> > Can anyone help direct me from here?
> >

> > Thanks.

Thanks.
Lori Kilen - ljkile at uu.net     		Internet Wholesale Services
Application Developer			VIP Sustainment & Support
A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense
than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.
                                                        - Martin Luther King Jr.