cyrus 2.2 virtual domains and mailbox delete

Igor Brezac igor at ipass.net
Thu Feb 13 11:17:28 EST 2003

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Ilya wrote:

> Bug 1832 has been added to the database
>
> On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 08:28:06AM -0500, Ken Murchison wrote:
> >

> > Ilya wrote:
> > >
> > > I just tried to delete a top level (user.username at domain.com) from both cyradmin
> > > and php imap_deletemailbox. The delete works, but subfolders for that user are
> > > not deleted.
> > > If however I create a user in defaultdomain (user.username) than whenever I
> > > delete the user everything is gone under him as well.
> > > I believe it is the behaviour of 2.1.1x as well.
> > >
> > > Ken, are the subfolders left on purpose, or its and error?

It works fine for me, at least it works with cyradm.  I am using a farily
recent CVS version (2.2).  Is it possible that the mailbox was opened by
another imap client?  Did you chdir to one of the mbox dirs while you
performed deletembox?   How does 'dm user.username at domain.com' work vs 'dm
domain.com!user.username'?

I do see the follwing small problem, other cyradm commands seem to work
fine:

localhost> lm user.igor at ipass.net
localhost> lm ipass.net!user.igor
user.igor at ipass.net (\HasChildren)