mapping of usernames after login

Karsten Römke Biermann-Roemke at t-online.de
Sun Feb 16 05:45:16 EST 2003

Hello!
I have the following problem:
We use cyrus running on a linux computer but the authentification
to our network is done via a Win NT. -> We have usernames on the NT side
and usernames on linux side. Not the same. - Our NT-Admin has done his
tasks longer then me - so he uses usernames with german umlaut like müller.
It is possible to do a mapping? - I'd like to allow the NT-Users to
authentificate
by pam_auth_smb and after that cyrus should take the "real usernames" on
the linux
side to open the matching mailbox.
Any solution to this problem? - Maybe I can avoid the usernames on linux
but I
use the .forward files.
Konfiguration ist cyrus together with sendmail on Suse 7.2.
Any help would be very nice
Thank you
	Karsten
email                                             k.roemke at hhb.bonn.de
web                                   www.t-online.de/~biermann-roemke
tel                                                       02225 909740