Authenticating to IMAP with PLAIN or LOGIN over non-tls/ssl connections

Roland Pope rpope at jadeworld.com
Mon Aug 11 21:26:44 EDT 2003

Hi,

I am using cyrus-imapd 2.1.2 BETA and cyrus-sasl-2.1.15.
I'm wondering if there is a configurable way of allowing plaintext imap
authentications over a non-encrypted link. I have set 'sasl_minimum_laer: 0'
in imapd.conf which I thought would do it, but this doesn't seem to help.
When I connect via IMAPS I can use PLAIN and LOGIN authentications, but
these are denied for unencrypted imap connections.

Thanks
Roland