Cyrus Folder Deletion

Dave McMurtrie dgm+ at pitt.edu
Tue Apr 8 13:27:00 EDT 2003

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Rob Siemborski wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Daniel Whelan wrote:
>
> > Additionally, has anyone had any experience with either Cyrus or a mail
> > client decididing to delete a mail folder without any user intervention?
>
> We've had claims of this happening rarely, but in most of the cases it was
> determined that the user deleted the mailbox by accident. (Sometimes I
> wish the UIs were better...)

We've also had many claims that cyrus randomly decides to delete mail
folders without the user wanting it to do so.  I tracked a few of these
cases down to users who were just confused by Mulberry.  The display
hierarchy would make the user think they had 2 sent-mail folders, 2
inboxes, etc and they'd try to delete the duplicate folder.

Dave
--
Dave McMurtrie, Systems Programmer
University of Pittsburgh