Cyrus Folder Deletion

John Alton Tamplin jtampli at sph.emory.edu
Tue Apr 8 13:10:41 EDT 2003

Daniel Whelan wrote:

> I'm looking into a couple cases of weird mail activity that occured in
> the past week, and have a couple questions. Is there any sort of
> mechanism to log folder creation/deletion commands in Cyrus? It does
> indicate when a user opens mailboxes, but not when they create or
> delete them (which presumably are more significant actions).

You can get a complete protocol log of the session by creating a
directory named after the user you want to log under /var/imap/log
(substituting the path if needed).

> Additionally, has anyone had any experience with either Cyrus or a
> mail client decididing to delete a mail folder without any user
> intervention?

No, but make sure the folder is actually deleted rather than just
unsubscribed -- I have seen clients do unusual things with subscriptions
if they get confused.

--
John A. Tamplin                               Unix System Administrator
Emory University, School of Public Health     +1 404/727-9931