email virus protection

Kendrick Vargas ken at hudat.com
Wed Apr 9 10:22:51 EDT 2003

On Wed, 9 Apr 2003, Markus Welsch wrote:

> > We use Exim (MTA), exiscan (addition to Exim), and ClamAV (anti-virus
> > scanner).
>
> ClamAV is said to be nice ... I need to test it! I'll be using it
> through amavisd-new and Postfix though :-)

ClamAV IS nice, however it's virus definitions are not always as up to
date as the commercial variants. The web site also has a tendency to be
inaccessible, so virus updates fail on occasion (if you have them running
regularly through cron). Otherwise it's a great little free project. I use
it on my server.
			-peace

--
Let he who is without clue kiss my ass