number of recipients with LMTP

Phil Chambers P.A.Chambers at exeter.ac.uk
Thu Apr 10 06:45:18 EDT 2003

I am trying cyrus with exim-4.14 using a lmtp transport and "deliver -l".  Exim
limits the number of recipients it will pass over in a single transfer, but that can
be configured.

The examples I have seen seem to limit the number to about 20.

To get the maximum filespace efficiency out of cyrus would need the limit to be high
enough to allow one message to all of out 20,000 users in one go.  That would result
in one copy of the message and 19,999 links.  Would there be any adverse
consequences, from the cyrus point of view, of telling exim to allow 20,000
recipients in a single transfer?

Phil.