Admin permissions broken?

Ron Hensley ronh at shorefast.net
Sun Sep 1 23:06:54 EDT 2002

I just ran into a related problem with a bad account.
Assuming you're running the commands as username cyrus,
cyrus needs write permissions to the actual files.
You mentioned manually creating the files and that the regular user
can't write to them.
Here's the files found for an existing user.
/usr/imap/quota/t/tester.ronh
/usr/imap/user/t/tester.sub
/usr/imap/user/t/tester.seen
/usr/sieve/t/tester
/var/spool/imap/user/tester

Look over all the files associted with your named 'test' and see if cyrus is the owner
as it is for all the other users files, and that the permissions are set the same.

Then try again.