Admin permissions broken?

Schmehl, Paul L pauls at utdallas.edu
Mon Sep 2 00:34:21 EDT 2002

It doesn't hurt to read the documentation.  :-)  If you do read it,
you'll find that the admin account doesn't have the rights (ACL) to
delete mailboxes that it creates.  You would have to set the acls on the
mailbox first to do that.

>From the doc/install-admin-mb.html file:
"Access rights are discussed in detail in the cyradm(1) man pages. Note
that the administrator
   must grant herself create/delete access explicitly before she can
delete a mailbox:

    setaclmailbox <mail_box> <admin_userid> c
    deletemailbox <mail_box>"

So the behavior you are experiencing is by design.  Man cyradm wouldn't
hurt before you go any further.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Project Coordinator
University of Texas at Dallas