big faillure -> recovery

Emilio Recio erecio at storm.jmc.tju.edu
Thu Sep 5 12:21:43 EDT 2002

Tijl Dullers wrote:
> Emilio thanks a lot for you advice , I will try this tonight when I can permit
> myself to down those services , ...

If people are missing mail folders now, it might be a good idea to force
downtime right now. It's a production breakdown. Yeah, it's going to
take forever to reconstruct the folders, but at least further corruption
on the mailstore tree will be avoided (Creating already existing folder,
bad cache and header files, etc.)

> I have one little question , after running the little script to remake a
> mbox_list format file I only have entries for the users in it ,not for their
> subfolders etc etc , ... will the reconstruct rebuild the indexes for their
> subfolders?

Right! When you create an account in cyrus, you create that initial
entry. I found that some people were missing their initial entries when
I tried to restore. Once the initial entries are in there, you need to
run reconstruct to do a (-r) recursive, (-f) filesystem based search of
any subtrees

Good luck,
-Elmo (polywog)