sieve reject rule doesnt work

mb/cyrus at dcs.qmul.ac.uk mb/cyrus at dcs.qmul.ac.uk
Fri Sep 6 11:35:18 EDT 2002

At 15:54 +0100 Patrick Welche wrote:

>> >I am trying to get sieve Reject rule to work, but with no luck.
>> >I am running 2.1.9 with exim, I use  lmtpunix
>> >cmd="lmtpd" listen="/var/imap/socket/lmtp" prefork=0
>>
>> Exim unpatched won't deliver LMTP to a socket. Are you using my patch, or
>> one of your own? (Just checking, as I'm looking for review for my patch so
>> that it can go in to Exim proper :)
>
>? I just had a go with standard exim 4.10, and it delivered to a socket
>AFAICT...
>
>local_delivery:
>  driver = lmtp
>  command = "/usr/local/cyrus/bin/deliver -l"
>  batch_max = 20
>  delivery_date_add
>  envelope_to_add
>  return_path_add
>  user = cyrus
>
>What did your patch do?

Aaah my mistake, kind of. Sorry.

Your Exim delivers to a pipe to "deliver" which delivers to a socket.
My unpatched Exim is doing LMTP over TCP, and I'd forgot about that.

My patch allows:

cyrus_lmtp:
  driver = lmtp
  socket = /var/imap/socket/lmtp

..and is in the archives of the exim-users list if not this one!