sieve reject rule doesnt work

Ilya mail at krel.org
Fri Sep 6 11:45:53 EDT 2002

> > Hi.
> > I am trying to get sieve Reject rule to work, but with no luck.
> > I am running 2.1.9 with exim, I use  lmtpunix
> > cmd="lmtpd" listen="/var/imap/socket/lmtp" prefork=0
> > fileinto commands work fine, but reject just simply doesn't do anything.
>
> Check imapd.log for errors.  My guess is that Exim's "sendmail" command is
in a

there is nothing in imapd.log, but in lmtpd.log I have the folowing:
Sep  6 11:21:04 alchemistry lmtpd[59752]: sieve runtime error for mail id
<00da01c2555e$45cdfed0$0100a8c0 at ilya>:
 Reject: Sendmail process terminated normally, exit status 75

> different location from where lmtpd is looking for it, so the sending of
the
> rejection fails.  Read imapd.conf(5) and look for the 'sendmail' option.

for sendmail Freebsd uses mailwrapper, so /usr/sbin/sendmail is link to
/usr/sbin/mailwrapper which than calls any MTA you want. so I dont think
there is a problem with paths.

What I didnt realize that even though the messages were delivered, there
were another copy of each message in undeliverable queue of exim, which
failed with following entry:
2002-09-06 11:20:26 17nKuH-000FXJ-00 == mail at krel.org T=local_delivery_cyrus
defer (0): Child process of local_delivery_cyrus transport returned 75
(could mean temporary error) from command: /usr/local/cyrus/bin/deliver

which would mean it tries to return the reject.

also from Patrick email I noticed what I think is the big difference in our
configuration, my Driver is pipe, not lmtp

local_delivery_cyrus:
driver = pipe
command = "/usr/local/cyrus/bin/deliver -f ${local_part}@${domain} -q -m
${substr_1:${local_part_suffix}} -- ${l
ocal_part}"
        user = cyrus
        group = cyrus
        return_output = false
        log_output = true
        prefix =
        suffix =

i am not sure, but i think it means I am using pipe to deliver, which than
uses lmtp socket.