Problems whith quota...

Ray Anderson rsa at i-deasatwork.com
Wed Sep 11 16:54:19 EDT 2002

>I use Exim 3.35 with  Cyrus IMAP4 v1.5.19.
>I use quota on the mailboxes.
>When the quota exceed the autorised value, all run fine (the mail arrive
and
>no alert is send)...
>
>My imapd.conf is by default build by debian woody.
>The transport for Exim is:
>
>local_delivery_cyrus:
>  driver = pipe
>  command = "/usr/sbin/cyrdeliver -m ${substr_1:${local_part_suffix}} \
>             -- ${local_part}"
>  user = cyrus
>  group = mail
>  return_output
>  log_output
>  prefix =
>  suffix =
>
>What is the problem?....
>
>Regards,
>
>E.Bullier

I found the solution for it in the imapd.conf file:

lmtp_overquota_perm_failure: yes

That rejects mail immediately instead of accepting it for deferred delivery.

-=Ray
Ray Anderson
Senior Business Analyst
PRIDE Industries
Office: 916.788.2444
Cell: 916.798.9439
rsa at prideindustries.com
www.prideindustries.com

The guy who wins is the guy who makes the fewer gross mistakes.
Lieutenant Jim "Huck" Harris, USN, U.S. Navy Fighter Weapons School
Instructor