Cyrus IMAP Presentation - Postfix/Procmail/Cyrus

cassandre cassandre at gminformatique.com
Tue Sep 17 06:38:32 EDT 2002

Le Mardi 17 Septembre 2002 08:55, vous avez écrit :
> adam at morrison-ind.com wrote:
> >>I beleive there are Debian Packages, put together by Henrique de Moraes
> >>Holschuh <hmh at debian.org>.
> >
> > Now mentioned.
>
> I also have rpm packages for mandrake (8.2 at the moment) at
> http://perso.wanadoo.es/olivetti/cyrus/
> In that package (in the README.RPM) there's a simple explanation on how
> to configure postfix (the default mandrake MTA):
>
> If you want to configure postfix to deliver mail to cyrus you have to do
> the following:
>
> edit /etc/postfix/main.cf and add the following line
>
> mailbox_transport = lmtp:unix:public/lmtp
>
> edit /etc/cyrus.conf and replace the existing lmtpunix line with
>
> lmtpunix cmd="lmtpd" listen="/var/spool/postfix/public/lmtp" prefork=1

=======

I quote    Werner Reisberger <werner at pure.ch>

There is more than one way to run cyrus with procmail. I am using it since
years with postfix. That's my entry in master.cf

  cyrusp    unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
      user=cyrus:mail argv=/usr/bin/procmail -p /etc/cyrus/procmailrc
      LOGNAME=${user} EXTENSION=${extension} RECIP=${recipient}

main.cf:

  mailbox_transport = cyrusp

You can create a recipe directory for your cyrus users like

 /var/cyrus/rc

The main procmailrc file /etc/cyrus/procmailrc contains something like

 HOME=/var/cyrus/rc
 DELIVERMAIL=/usr/local/imap/bin/deliver

 INCLUDERC=$HOME/rc/$LOGNAME/procmail

The procmail file named by INCLUDERC contains the individual user recipes.
e. g.

 :0 H
 * ^TOpostfix-users@
 | $DELIVERMAIL -a $LOGNAME -m user.$LOGNAME.lists.postfix

procmail isn't supported by the cyrus project. That's all. But it works
nevertheless.

=======

I did exactly what Werner wrote. I use Postfix ==> Procmail ==> Cyrus and it
works perfectly. (now I am on a PPC with SuSE-7.3-PPC but I had the same
configuration on a PC with SuSE-7.3 (i386).
--
Alain Barthélemy
cassandre at gminformatique.com
bartydeux at gminformatique.com