Problems with cyrus-imap

Víctor Guerra vguerra at skios.es
Tue Sep 17 07:14:56 EDT 2002

Hello everybody, i am a new subscriber of that list and i have a question. I
have installed a Cyrus-IMAP server in a Red Hat 7.2 and i have a problem: i
have 19970 mailboxes in my server, those mailboxes are in
/var/spool/imap/user, some time ago i have had a problem when the number of
mailboxes riches a high number, and the system crashes because Linux do not
support more than 32768 directories at the same level (isn't it). I have
found that in /var/imap/user there are 27 folders... each one called as a
letter of the ABC and i want that cyrus delivers all the mails in those
folders, for example, if a user called john at example.com receives an
e-mail... that e-mail must be delivered in /var/imap/user/j/ , if a user
called abedul at example.com receives an e-mail... that must be delivered in
/var/imap/user/a/. Does anybody can to help me? , thanks for all.