stress testing

Scott Russell lnxgeek at us.ibm.com
Wed Sep 18 11:08:38 EDT 2002

On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 02:05:27PM +0200, Hein Roehrig wrote:
> Before going production with a new server I would like to do some stress
> testing esp wrt locking problems. A quick search of the archives and at
> Google shows that people have been looking for scripts etc. but there is
> no standard open-source test/stress suite and nobody so far posted their
> scripts.

Always wise. :) Having just put a new box into production we did 'end
to end' delivery tests using the postfix smtp-source tool. The tool
allows you to setup various parms, including message size, threads,
and delays.

We did simple tests of delivering different message sizes, delays and
destinations concurently. It might make for a nice base to a set of
shell scripts you write up.

--
  Scott Russell (lnxgeek at us.ibm.com)
  Linux Technology Center, System Admin, RHCE.