Cyrus IMAP Presentation

Scott Russell lnxgeek at us.ibm.com
Wed Sep 18 11:02:23 EDT 2002

On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 08:53:07AM +0200, Luca Olivetti wrote:
> Amos Gouaux wrote:
>
> >To quote <Victor.Duchovni at morganstanley.com>:
> >
> >  The "lmtp" delivery agent should be listening on "private/lmtp", so it
> >  will work, but...
>
> But since this directory is writable only by user 'postfix' cyrus
> (running as user cyrus) wouldn't be able to create the socket there
> >
> >  This said, the public and private directories are for internal Postfix
> >  IPC. The LMTP server should be using a different subdirectory of
> >  /var/spool/postfix.
>
> or a different directory altogether (since actually the socket is owned
> by cyrus).

Having Cyrus setup it's lmtp socket under /var/spool/postfix (but not
/public or /private) is the right thing to do. I say this because
often postfix runs in a chroot env and won't access the lmtp socket if
it's outside of /var/spool/postfix

--
  Scott Russell (lnxgeek at us.ibm.com)
  Linux Technology Center, System Admin, RHCE.