Cyrus IMAP Presentation

adam at morrison-ind.com adam at morrison-ind.com
Wed Sep 18 11:23:11 EDT 2002

>>>A few points:
>>>- Slide 4: Just for completeness, you might want to add LMTP to the list
>>>of protocols.
>>Done.
>>>- Slide 17: You're missing the "2" after "SASL version".
>>Fixed.
>>>- Slide 22: You probably want to use the 'cyrusv2' mailer for Sendmail
>>>(8.12.4+).  This mailer talks directly to lmtpd instead of spawning
>>>deliver.
>>Yes, less forking is always good.  But I'm using sendmail
>>8.11.6-something. Time to upgrade....
>Just grab the cyrusv2.m4 file and plop it into your cf/mailer directory
>and you're good to go.

OK, I did that and now sendmail is happily delivering via LMTP! Thanks.  Added a
slide about setting up to use LMTP.

My m4 -
FEATURE(`preserve_local_plus_detail')
MAILER(cyrusv2)dnl
define(`confLOCAL_MAILER', `cyrusv2')

And it works.  But I still can't get bulletin boarding to work.  The docs make
it look like adam+Presentations at morrison-ind.com should post the message into my
INBOX.Presentations folder,  but it goes into my INBOX.  And so does
adam+INBOX.Presentations at morrison-ind.com.   Permisions on that folder look like
sardine> lam user.adam.Presentations
anonymous p
adam lrswipcda

Posting to shared folders fails.  Something like bb+PriceUpdates drops off with
a user known,  previously using deliver it merely failed with a data format
error.  Do I need to add the cyrusbb mailer back in?

I have "postuser: shared" in imapd.conf and the folder looks like -
sardine> lam shared.PriceUpdates
anonymous p
group:cis lrswida
anyone lrs
group:partsqc lrswipcda

I think I'm missing something basic about bulletin boards,  but I can't find any
examples.