Getting SASL from CVS --- automake complains about errors

Christian Schulte cs at schulte.it
Fri Sep 20 22:16:06 EDT 2002

Hi,

I just had plenty of problems with the SASL2 library. I checked it out
from CVS and did the follwoing things which produced a working configure
script. After compilation some things did not work and I think they all
related to a problem while creating the configure script! e.g. The
saslauthd manpage is completely empty after installation which is not,
if I get the library from ftp ! So is my automake / autoconf etc. broken ?

schulte-04:05:48:~/cyrus-cvs/cyrus-sasl >export MAKE=gmake
schulte-04:05:55:~/cyrus-cvs/cyrus-sasl >set | grep make
MAKE=gmake
schulte-04:06:00:~/cyrus-cvs/cyrus-sasl >chmod u+x SMakefile
schulte-04:06:10:~/cyrus-cvs/cyrus-sasl >./SMakefile
aclocal -I cmulocal -I config
autoheader
WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h', `config.h.bot'
WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for `config.h.in'
WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.

WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and
WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows to define a template without
WARNING: `acconfig.h':

WARNING:   AC_DEFINE([NEED_MAIN], 1,
WARNING:             [Define if a function `main' is needed.])

WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced, see the
WARNING: documentation.
autoheader: `config.h.in' is created
autoconf
automake --add-missing --include-deps
Prototype mismatch: sub Automake::SEEK_SET vs () at
/usr/local/bin/automake line 8237
Prototype mismatch: sub Automake::SEEK_CUR vs () at
/usr/local/bin/automake line 8237
Prototype mismatch: sub Automake::SEEK_END vs () at
/usr/local/bin/automake line 8237
configure.in: installing `config/install-sh'
configure.in: installing `config/mkinstalldirs'
configure.in: installing `config/missing'
include/Makefile.am: installing `config/depcomp'
automake: processing Makefiles another time to fix them up.
cd saslauthd
aclocal -I ../cmulocal -I config
autoheader
WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h', `config.h.bot'
WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for `config.h.in'
WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.

WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and
WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows to define a template without
WARNING: `acconfig.h':

WARNING:   AC_DEFINE([NEED_MAIN], 1,
WARNING:             [Define if a function `main' is needed.])

WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced, see the
WARNING: documentation.
autoheader: `saslauthd.h.in' is created