Outlook Express 6.0SP1 (6.00.2800.1106) wrong behaviour.

Sergey Mokryshev mokr at mokr.net
Fri Sep 20 21:55:41 EDT 2002

Dear info-cyrus.

Today I set up cyrus-imapd-2.1.9 with these options:

unixhierarchysep: yes
altnamespace: yes
allowplaintext: yes
allowallsubscribe: yes

I've found some strangeness with MS OE 6.0SP1.

1. When using "allowallsubsribe: yes" it is finally possible
   to access other users' mailboxes in "altnamespace:no" mode.
   Subscribing to "Shared Folders" and "Other Users" folders
   in "altnamespace: yes" does not work (OE after v. 4.0 can
   not handle mailbox hierarchies with non-sibscribed levels
   in the tree).

2. With "unixhierarchysep:yes" Outlook Express behave VERY strange.

   а)
   It begins to send mailbox names with trailing slash
   (e.g. . SELECT "INBOX/") in IMAP commands. Outlook Express
   5.50.4522.1200 does not exhibit this behaviour. Reverting to
   netnews separator fixes this.

   b)
   When creating mailboxes (e.g. test1/test2) it sends command
   to create mailbox test2/test1. I have not tried three or more
   level hierarchies, but it seems to be fully reversed mailbox
   path.

I am not sure whether it is OE 6.0 SP1 or OE 6.0 bug (have no
installation at hand). Outlook Express 5.50 works fine.

If someone have Outlook Express 6.0 (Pre-SP1) installation - please
test.

Sincerely yours,
Sergey Mokryshev.

--