only half of the problem solved -- cyrus deliver slow

Christian Schulte cs at schulte.it
Fri Sep 20 23:13:03 EDT 2002

Hi,

I just read your posts. You definetly want to change the cyrus.m4 mailer
definition. If you are already compiling sendmail, then have a look at
the directory cf/mailer !
Therein is a file called cyrus.m4 which you just have to change to
deliver to the socket you just created. I did that and it works much
much better than with deliver!
If you are unsure, then  just download the actual sendmail release
8.12.6 and have a look at cf/mailer/cyrusv2.m4 in it. This should work!
There is no need to switch to postfix!

Here is my working cyrus.m4 file. Have a look at the Mcyrus mailer
definition !

PUSHDIVERT(-1)
#
# Copyright (c) 1998-2001 Sendmail, Inc. and its suppliers.
#    All rights reserved.
#
# By using this file, you agree to the terms and conditions set
# forth in the LICENSE file which can be found at the top level of
# the sendmail distribution.
#
#
# This code incorporates code from Carnegie Mellon University, whose
# copyright notice and conditions of redistribution are as follows:
#
#***************************************************************************
#    (C) Copyright 1995 by Carnegie Mellon University
#
#                      All Rights Reserved
#
# Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its
# documentation for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted,
# provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that
# both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in
# supporting documentation, and that the name of CMU not be
# used in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of the
# software without specific, written prior permission.
#
# CMU DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE, INCLUDING
# ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS, IN NO EVENT SHALL
# CMU BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR
# ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS,
# WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION,
# ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS
# SOFTWARE.
#
#    Contributed to Berkeley by John Gardiner Myers <jgm+ at CMU.EDU>.
#

_DEFIFNOT(`CYRUS_MAILER_FLAGS', `Ah5@/:|')
ifdef(`CYRUS_MAILER_PATH',, `define(`CYRUS_MAILER_PATH',
/usr/local/bin/deliver)')
ifdef(`CYRUS_MAILER_ARGS',, `define(`CYRUS_MAILER_ARGS', `deliver -m $h
-f $f -- $u')')
ifdef(`CYRUS_MAILER_USER',, `define(`CYRUS_MAILER_USER', `cyrus:smmsp')')
_DEFIFNOT(`CYRUS_BB_MAILER_FLAGS', `u')
ifdef(`CYRUS_BB_MAILER_ARGS',, `define(`CYRUS_BB_MAILER_ARGS', `deliver
-f $f -m $u')')
define(`_CYRUS_QGRP', `ifelse(defn(`CYRUS_MAILER_QGRP'),`',`', `
Q=CYRUS_MAILER_QGRP,')')dnl

POPDIVERT

###   Cyrus Mailer specification               ###

VERSIONID(`$Id: cyrus.m4,v 8.23 2001/11/12 23:11:34 ca Exp $ (Carnegie
Mellon)')

Mcyrus,         P=[IPC], F=lsDFMnqA@/:|SmXz, E=\r\n,
                S=EnvFromL/HdrFromL, R=EnvToL/HdrToL, T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
                A=FILE /usr/local/var/imap/socket/lmtp

Mcyrusbb,    P=CYRUS_MAILER_PATH, F=_MODMF_(CONCAT(`lsDFMn',
CYRUS_BB_MAILER_FLAGS), `CYRUS'), S=EnvFromL/HdrFromL, R=EnvToL/HdrToL,
        ifdef(`CYRUS_MAILER_MAX', `M=CYRUS_MAILER_MAX,
')U=CYRUS_MAILER_USER, T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,_CYRUS_QGRP
        A=CYRUS_BB_MAILER_ARGS