SETACL on user mailbox

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Mon Sep 30 12:34:39 EDT 2002

Rob Siemborski wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, Rob Mueller wrote:
>
> > Now I argued that the current behaviour was actually against the RFC's
> > description of what the 'a' right meant, mostly because this is the
> > behaviour we want to see :). Others argued that because at CMU there's lots
> > of shared folders that users want to alter, they would leave it as it is.
>
> Actually it's the user's own folders that cause the problem.  Shared
> folders people wind up screwing themselves on ;)
>
> > Since the actual meaning then of what people want seems to be site
> > dependent, why not create a configuration option for it? Something like
> > below perhaps?
>
> Your patch isn't complete, because it doesn't affect some implicit
> administrative rights that are granted in user mailbox spaces, (see, for
> example, mboxlist_mycreatemailbox where is_admin gets set if the user owns
> the mailbox, and therefore the acl is ignored).

Yes, it is more complex than just one check.  I have a patch floating
around from the first time your guys brought this up.  I can dust it off
and see if its complete.  IIRC, I was blocking on input/review from
Larry on my patch.

Ken
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127