SETACL on user mailbox

Rob Siemborski rjs3 at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Sep 30 12:17:38 EDT 2002

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, Rob Mueller wrote:

> Now I argued that the current behaviour was actually against the RFC's
> description of what the 'a' right meant, mostly because this is the
> behaviour we want to see :). Others argued that because at CMU there's lots
> of shared folders that users want to alter, they would leave it as it is.

Actually it's the user's own folders that cause the problem.  Shared
folders people wind up screwing themselves on ;)

> Since the actual meaning then of what people want seems to be site
> dependent, why not create a configuration option for it? Something like
> below perhaps?

Your patch isn't complete, because it doesn't affect some implicit
administrative rights that are granted in user mailbox spaces, (see, for
example, mboxlist_mycreatemailbox where is_admin gets set if the user owns
the mailbox, and therefore the acl is ignored).

-Rob

Rob Siemborski * Andrew Systems Group * Cyert Hall 207 * 412-268-7456
Research Systems Programmer * /usr/contributed Gatekeeper