Time has come to stop with /usr/local path pollution!

Joe Rhett jrhett at isite.net
Tue Oct 1 02:43:56 EDT 2002

> > However it does seem that when explicit paths are called for certain
> > componants they should be placed in line before the assumed system paths.

> I agree 100% that the paths should be honored.  However, since it works
> for most people, and testing is pretty annoying (as ken stated), I'm not
> terribly eager to spend my time doing it, when I could be working on
> performance or feature improvements elsewhere in the code.
>
> If there was a patch provided that I could look at, approve, and apply,
> I'd be willing to do so.

Ah -- that is all I was waiting to hear.  Patch will be coming up.

> to read a bug report hidden inside of a rant that seems to assume that the
> developers of Cyrus are part of a consipracy against all system
> administrators everywhere.

Wow.  Somehow you got something (er, a lot of things!) from my message I
never intended.  All I was complaining about was that the application of
the --with-path= stuff was very non-intuitive, and your average
"./configure ; make ; make install" person has no chance of figuring this
out.

--
Joe Rhett                                                      Chief Geek
JRhett at ISite.Net                                      ISite Services, Inc.