Time has come to stop with /usr/local path pollution!

Joe Rhett jrhett at isite.net
Tue Oct 1 02:40:56 EDT 2002

> First off, why did you feel the need to send this directly to me?  Cyrus
> is not _my_ software, I'm just a contributor.  Secondly, I can
> understand your frustration, but your shitty attitude ain't gonna help.

Sorry, I misunderstood clearly, as I thought you were heading up the
imapd 2.2 branch.

> A lot of bitching, and no proposed fixes.  It works for me, and I'm sure
> it works for CMU, otherwise it would've been fixed already.  Since I

I would happily submit a patch .. but I want to make sure it would be
accepted or at least considered.  I've lost too much time over the years
putting together a clean patch to fix something only to find that the
maintainers had no interest in _ever_ accepting said patch.

So I toss out a query about it before I do it.

And before you say "Then why the complaint?" -- because I did toss out such
a query.  Twice. Once on this list, and once on the SASL list.  With no
takers on the issue.

> Have people forgotten how much they _paid_ for this software?  What is
> the ROI and/or price performance of this software for ISPs, freakin'
> infinity?  Why is it assumed that each user is _entitled_ to some level
> of technical support?

Not asking for technical support.  Suggesting that this may solve a lot of
the compilation support issues you guys receive on the list.

--
Joe Rhett                                                      Chief Geek
JRhett at ISite.Net                                      ISite Services, Inc.