Time has come to stop with /usr/local path pollution!

Joe Rhett jrhett at isite.net
Tue Oct 1 02:52:52 EDT 2002

> The next time somebody is frustrated by the software and wants to rant about
> how much of their time the developers wasted, take a step back and remember how
> much time and money they actually _saved_ you.

Having been the guilty party which kicked off this thread, I want to step
back and make myself clear.

1. Thank You!

2. I help as I can, although it often ends up being documentation or
testing rather than code.

3. Sometimes that help is intended to save other users from running circles
around a problem I ran circles around.  Ultimately, this should reduce the
amount of hand-holding you have to do, which makes your life easier.

I was doing #2, found an issue and tried to do #3.  This was the ultimate
goal of my message, not to criticize anyone personally.

I pretty much screwed up the tone of my message completely, and I really
hope each of you will accept my deepest apologies.

--
Joe Rhett                                                      Chief Geek
JRhett at ISite.Net                                      ISite Services, Inc.