[STATUS] NNTP support (10/9/02)

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Wed Oct 9 16:12:26 EDT 2002

Just quick update for those who care.

The server side of nntpd (CVS 2.2 branch) appears to be fully functional
and stable.  You can feed articles directly to it using the normal IHAVE
or INN's STREAM mode (CHECK/TAKETHIS).

For those people who's rather "suck" news rather than having it fed to
them, I wrote a fetchnews tool which you can use as an EVENT in
cyrus.conf to connect to your upstream peer, and retrieve new articles
and feed them to nntpd.

I have only these with INN, so I'd be interested in any incompatibilties
with other news servers.  There is no specific documentation yet, but
read the manpages and check out the news* options in imapd.conf.

Ken
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127