Which Berkeley DB is best?

Aidan Evans ae at is.dal.ca
Tue Oct 15 13:50:15 EDT 2002

  We're using Berkeley DB 4.0.14 for deliver.db and tls_sessions.db and for
the second time in a couple of weeks both of these databases are
non-functional because of "Lock table is out of available locker entries".

  This error may be caused by a bug that is fixed as described in
"http://www.openldap.org/its/index.cgi/Software%20Bugs?id=2040".  However,
the patch appears to be against a newer version of the code than we are
running, so I'm just a little bit concerned about simply patching and
hoping for the best.  As an alternative I was considering downgrading to
a version 3 Berkeley DB.

  Is there any consensus as to the "best" version of Berkeley DB to use
with Cyrus 2.1.9 on RedHat Linux 7.2.

name       : Cyrus IMAPD
version    : v2.1.9 2002/08/30 18:40:23
vendor     : Project Cyrus
support-url: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus
os         : Linux
os-version : 2.4.9-34smp-san
environment: Cyrus SASL 2.1.2
             Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.0.14: (November 18, 2001)
             OpenSSL 0.9.6b [engine] 9 Jul 2001
             CMU Sieve 2.2
             TCP Wrappers
             mmap = shared
             lock = fcntl
             nonblock = fcntl
             auth = unix
             idle = poll
             mboxlist.db = skiplist
             subs.db = flat
             seen.db = flat
             duplicate.db = db3-nosync
             tls.db = db3-nosync

Aidan Evans   | Networks & Systems
(902)494-3332 | University Computing & Information Services