[STATUS] NNTP support (10/17/02)

Dave McCracken dmccr at us.ibm.com
Fri Oct 18 10:22:16 EDT 2002

--On Friday, October 18, 2002 10:05:10 -0400 Ken Murchison <ken at oceana.com>
wrote:

> Right now, I'm using 'ipurge', but I have an 'expirenews' tool to purge
> entries from netnews.db which I plan on adding the article delete code
> to.

Have you gotten ipurge to be reliable?  I gave up on it because it kept
deleting mail that didn't match its criteria, ie I specified greater than
14 days and it often deleted mail that was less than a day old.

And yes, I did report this behavior on the list a couple of times, but no
one ever responded.

Dave McCracken