ACL: moving messages around

adam at morrison-ind.com adam at morrison-ind.com
Fri Oct 18 10:34:10 EDT 2002

>>Also, how does one give a user permission to delete a message from a
>>folder, but not to delete the folder. (I've RTFMed, but can't find it.)
>'c' allows CREATE/DELETE of a folder.  'd' allows messages to be
>deleted.

Some older versions and/or documents didn't seem to make this distinction.  It
confused me for awhile to.  And as of 2.1.5 there was still a confusing
statement about it in the man page, but that has subsequently been fixed.

>>(I'm looking at a mail system where people can move messages that are in
>>the wrong folder *out* of the folders they reply to and into the right one,
>>but not *in* to the folders they reply to.)

You could not allow i on the folders they shouldn't be allowed to copy into.

I think "i" is insert, if I recall correctly.