some "ctl_cyrusdb -c" thoughts and questions

Chris Stromsoe cbs at cts.ucla.edu
Mon Oct 21 16:05:03 EDT 2002

I'm only using BDB for the delivery.db (db3_nosync).  Is there any real
need to ever checkpoint that?  Rather than attempting recovery for
delivery.db, I'm thinking about blowing away delivery.db and the BDB
environment at startup.

If I modify ctl_cyrusdb to only checkpoint and recover mailboxes.db (which
is skiplist), are there any "bad" consequences to running

  rm -rf config/deliver.db config/db/__db.* config/db/log.*

before starting master?  Where "bad" means anything other than possibly
getting a duplicate messge delivered.  I took a cursory glance through
imap/ctl_cyrusdb.c and lib/cyrusdb_*.c, and nothing leaped out at me.

-Chris