Odd problem with cyrus.seen.NEW

Lawrence Greenfield leg+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Nov 6 13:38:34 EST 2002

   Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 14:31:41 -0800
   From: Paul Ramsey <pramsey at refractions.net>
[...]
   Yes, I am running 1.6.24. To head off any "just upgrade" comments, I
   would like to note that all the rename() and cyrus.seen code in the
   2.1.x tree seems to be identical to the code in the 1.6.24 tree.

As of 2.0, the supported way of storing seen state is per user
(instead of per mailbox) and the code to do so is located in
seen_db.c.

If the processes are dumping core, you should be able to locate core
files somewhere. Are you using "flock" or "fcntl" locking?

Larry