Cyrus case issues

Gardiner Leverett gdl at merit.edu
Tue Nov 12 12:52:09 EST 2002

Gardiner Leverett wrote:

> The problem is this:
> On the new machine, a user mailbox is "foobar" for example.
> The user connects (through the client) as "FOOBAR".  SASL
> authenticates the user fine, but the user can't see the INBOX
> or any other folders.  If the user connects as "foobar", SASL
> authenticates correctly, and the user can see their mailbox.

One other note:  if the user is using Outlook and they connect
as uppercase, Cyrus will CREATE a new mailbox for the uppercase
user.  When I tried using Netscape, this did not happen.  I don't
know if it's a config issue with Outlook, but either way, the mailbox
is created, and the user FOOBAR has access to the new mailbox
"FOOBAR" and not "foobar".