Cyrus case issues

Gardiner Leverett gdl at merit.edu
Tue Nov 12 12:29:10 EST 2002

A while back, I sent mail to the list about our efforts to get
Cyrus/SASL/LDAP all working together with FreeBSD.
Okay, that all works, but now we have a different issue:

We were transitioning users from Cyrus 1.5.19 (on Solaris)
to 2.1.9 (on FreeBSD).  The users have been connecting via
IMAP to the new server with their user ids in uppercase.

The problem is this:
On the new machine, a user mailbox is "foobar" for example.
The user connects (through the client) as "FOOBAR".  SASL
authenticates the user fine, but the user can't see the INBOX
or any other folders.  If the user connects as "foobar", SASL
authenticates correctly, and the user can see their mailbox.

I can test the saslauths with upper and lower case fine,
and I can test (using imtest) to connect to the Cyrus server,
but what can I do about this client side case issue?
Is there something in the Cyrus code that I can turn off or
turn on to recognize an connection from "FOOBAR" to the
mailbox "foobar" as the same?

Gardiner Leverett				gdl at merit.edu
Merit Network, Inc.				Phone: 734-647-9888
4251 Plymouth Rd., Suite 2000		Ann Arbor, MI  48105-2785
				http://www.merit.edu