Murder Question

Paul M Fleming pfleming at siumed.edu
Tue Nov 19 11:15:14 EST 2002

I'm trying to setup a test murder system and am having a problem with

ctl_mboxlist -m

I'm using GSSAPI. I'm getting the correct tickets because I can manually
run imtest and mupdatetest. I get authenticated to the
frontends/backends ok. I'm also able to proxy correctly (using imtest -a
authen name -u userid) When I attempt to run ctl_mboxlist -m it just
hangs. If I sniff the connection. i see the banner, the client requests
GSSAPI and sends the first message and then nothing.. syslog on the
mupdate host shows the start of the cmdloop but I never get through the
authentication phase -- never even get a auth failure message in syslog.
If I try plaintext authentication using the mupdate_* settings in
/etc/imapd.conf on the backend ctl_mboxlist (mupdate_authenticate)
returns back "couldn't connect to mupdate server" and I get
"authentication to remote mupdate server failed & GSSAPI Error:
Miscellaneous failure (No credentials cache file found)" in syslog on
the mupdate client -- but it does connect to the mupdate master, but
apparently it does NOT like the SASL mechanism available because
ctl_mboxlist immediately sends a logout command to the mupdate master.

I also attempted to connect directly to the backend via cyradm and
create a mailbox. This hangs waiting for a mailbox reserveration. An
tcpdump shows the same gssapi as above -- it starts but never finishes..

Any ideas what I'm missing? Does ctl_mboxlist require a protection_layer
> 0? Has the mupdate-client code been testing with gssapi??

Thanks
Paul

Paul M Fleming
Southern Illinois University