Murder Question

Rob Siemborski rjs3 at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Nov 19 11:27:29 EST 2002

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002, Paul M Fleming wrote:

> I'm trying to setup a test murder system and am having a problem with
>
> ctl_mboxlist -m
>
> I'm using GSSAPI. I'm getting the correct tickets because I can manually
> run imtest and mupdatetest. I get authenticated to the
> frontends/backends ok. I'm also able to proxy correctly (using imtest -a
> authen name -u userid) When I attempt to run ctl_mboxlist -m it just
> hangs. If I sniff the connection. i see the banner, the client requests
> GSSAPI and sends the first message and then nothing.. syslog on the
> mupdate host shows the start of the cmdloop but I never get through the
> authentication phase -- never even get a auth failure message in syslog.

You'll need to do better than "nothing happens".  Have you tried getting a
truss/strace of both the client and the server?

> I also attempted to connect directly to the backend via cyradm and
> create a mailbox. This hangs waiting for a mailbox reserveration. An
> tcpdump shows the same gssapi as above -- it starts but never finishes..

Well, yeah, since it will need to update mupdate before anything else
happens.

> Any ideas what I'm missing? Does ctl_mboxlist require a protection_layer

Nope.

> > 0? Has the mupdate-client code been testing with gssapi??

Not vigorously enough, apparently ;)

-Rob

Rob Siemborski * Andrew Systems Group * Cyert Hall 207 * 412-268-7456
Research Systems Programmer * /usr/contributed Gatekeeper