DBERROR: skiplist recovery errors

John A. Tamplin jtampli at sph.emory.edu
Mon Dec 23 14:43:17 EST 2002

I have a user mailbox that is genering thousands of these same "DBERROR:
skiplist recovery: xxxx should be ADD or DELETE" messages.  This machine
hasn't been rebooted, and Cyrus hasn't even been restarted since this
particular user was converted (on the Cyrus side, conversion entails
simply doing multi-appends via IMAP).  This is 2.1.11 on Solaris 9.

It seems like this has to be some bug in the skiplist code.  This user
does have one of the larger mailboxes (1121 folders with 534M of total
mail), but there are some with larger.  What information would be
helpful to track down the problem?

Is there any way to recover the seen state of this user?  I know I can
delete the .seen file and it will recreate it, but I am sure this will
be an inconvenience to this user and why would I expect it to not happen
again?

--
John A. Tamplin
Unix Systems Administrator