Install

Nuno Silva nuno.silva at sectium.com
Mon Dec 16 13:11:04 EST 2002

Olá Nuno!

In English from now on:

Nuno Miguel Pais Fernandes wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm having problems installing Cyrus imap.
> I have a Redhat 7.3 and i'm trying to install it from source.
> Can anyone point me to some howto because the tldp's one is very old.

Read the fine manual that is boundled with the tar.gz. Pay special
attention to SASL... Read it twice! This is where must people stumble ;)

> After installing i'm planning to use vpopmail's authentication.

Again, read the SASL documentation twice. :)

I don't work with vpopmail since several years, but I think that you'll
need to write a custom pwcheck daemon for that.

> Can anyone help me in one of these steps..
>
> Thanks
>
> Nuno Fernandes

Manda cumprimentos meus ao Ricardo Oliveira :)

Cumprimentos,
Nuno Silva