problem squat failed

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Wed Aug 28 19:08:14 EDT 2002

Quoting johan <johan30 at easynet.be>:

> Hi,
>
> I use cyrus with imp and postfix.
> I noticed a bizar fact in my mail logs : anybody knows what does the
> error "squat failed" mean ? I looked a bit in the maillistings and found
> this posting : "Somebody did a full-text search and Cyrus checked (and
> didn't find) an
> index file for the mailbox. I think you can ignore this or put something
> like this into your /etc/cyrus.conf EVENTS:
>
>   squatter cmd="squatter -r user" period=1440"
>
> When I do this, i cannot authenticate anymore. Anybody suggestion ?

I guarantee you that this command is not breaking authentication.  Perhaps it
is corrupting your mailboxes, but it has nothing to do with AUTH.  The message
that you are getting in imapd.log is harmless.  If it bothers you, don't log at
the DEBUG level.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127