[Disksim-users] Request arrival rate

Krithika courageous at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 18:06:13 EDT 2009

Hi,
I want to run a number of traces of different characteristics, in a raid
system I simulated in disksim.   The problem is, when I use many traces
which was collected from a system with more disks than my current simulated
setup, the disksim is not able to handle the request rate of the trace.  The
simulation stops with a message "Stopping simulation because of saturation"
which means the requests are fed in  at a rate faster than the storage
system can handle it.   Is there a parameter in disksim that asks it to stop
feeding in more requests when the current requests are not yet complete ?  I
guess we call it a open-loop simulation (??)...

Basically my goal is to use the simulator to any traces irrespective of the
request rate and the configuration of the system -- when I feed a more
intense trace with say 1500 reqs/sec, and the storage system can handle only
500 reqs/sec, the simulator should still run correctly by controlling the
rate of feeding in the trace requests to the storage layer..

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks a lot!

Krithika.